About Polymorphic Games
Polymorphic Games is a game design studio focused on using evolutionary principles to build better video games.
Based at the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho, this highly interdisciplinary team includes students and professors from nearly every discipline on campus. From Visual Design and English, to Biology and Computer Science, students of all backgrounds have contributed to this game.
Barrie Robison and Terry Soule are the founders of Polymorphic Games. Please use the contact form at the bottom of the page to reach them.
- Developer: Polymorphic Games, game development studio at the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho
- Website: http://www.polymorphicgames.com
- Availability: Digital Download on Polymorphic Games Website, available on Steam
- Description: In this arcade style space shooter, defend against an encroaching horde of evolving enemies. At the end of each wave, only the fittest enemies reproduce to create the next generation, causing the population to adapt to your play style.
Darwin’s Demons models biological evolution using enemies with digital genomes. Enemies acquire fitness by being the most aggressive, accurate, and longest lived, and only the most fit enemies reproduce to pass their genomes on to the next generation. The result? The creatures you found hardest to kill have all the babies, making each generation more challenging than the last!
- Tagline: Evolution Always Wins
- Uses accurate evolutionary models for enemy evolution
- Unique playthrough every time - No two playthroughs will be the same
- Rich lore and backstory behind the game
- Created by an interedisciplinary team of students at the University of Idaho
Available on our Youtube channel.
Featured Let's Play Videos:
Available on Youtube.
Available on our Steam page.
Art Assets & Article Header Images
Drop us a line and we'd be happy to send you any images you need.
Official soundtrack for Darwin's Demons, released July 29, 2016.
Available on Bandcamp.